From our friends at Capital Edge:
Capital Edge Consulting, Inc. is the world’s largest, independently owned consulting firm focusing on one thing: Helping companies across the globe do business with the United States Government. Learn more about us below or at www.CapitalEdgeConsulting.com.
LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/govconexperts/
- Unparalleled experience – Capital Edge is a professional services company comprised of adept problem solvers who deliver tangible results to address today’s most complex U.S. government contracting challenges. Capital Edge has an exceptional track record of proven performance and forward thinking. Our people are passionate about the success of our clients and we have earned the reputation of delivering more for less. Capital Edge is also recognized for its agility and thoughtful leadership and its leadership team has developed the necessary infrastructure, resources to support our worldwide client base.
Capital Edge’s experience encompasses over 350 years of government contracting expertise. Our personnel have backgrounds in and experience from industry, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), DCMA, Big “Four” government contracts consulting, and public accounting, covering a wide range of specialties and skill sets. We provide a broad array of services to our clients including, without limitation:
- Proven track record and unmatched relevant experience – We help clients address the challenging regulatory, accounting and compliance requirements of U.S. federal contracts. Capital Edge has experience working with a wide variety of industries that provide goods or services to the federal government and helping them configure their systems to meet their changing needs. This wide industry experience includes interpretation and application of virtually all aspects of the FAR, CAS and selected Agency Supplements.
- Low risk, agile, and cost effective – We provide world class services at value pricing that is not available from traditional consulting firms.
- Thought leadership and innovative solutions – Capital Edge develops and delivers more training than any other firm providing government contract and grant consulting. We provide this training through Federal Publications Inc., Public Contracting Institute, industry associations, NCMA, and client tailored in-house events. We prepare and publish quarterly updates on statutory and regulatory changes affecting government contractors and grantees. We comment on proposed changes to regulations through our participation with industry associations. Our activities allow us to develop innovative solutions to the most challenging issues that our clients are facing.
- ERP/Manufacturing System Expertise – We combine our breadth of knowledge and couple it with our deep experience managing systems conversions for government and commercial companies around the globe. From assistance with program and project development to solution architecture, organizational change management and systems deployment, Capital Edge can provide the program leadership required to make your implementation a success while ensuring business continuity.
- Lexell Blue /Capital Edge connection – We frequently team with the experts at Lexell Blue to provide clients with integrated support services that combines our skills and talents with their enterprise-level data migration and implementation management for the Deltek suite of products. Together we successfully lead Costpoint implementations and data restructures while instilling industry best practices in design and execution across the industry.
Our Specific Relevant Service Offerings:
Lexell Blue will be back as a Gold sponsor at this years Deltek Insight Novermber 18 – 21 at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Orlando, FL.
Pre-Register here: https://www.deltekinsight.com/
OGSystems and Deltek Partner Lexell Blue win the MVP award for Partner Category at Deltek Insight 2018!
Read Deltek’s Press Release…
OGSystems recently completed a successful implementation of Costpoint, Time Collection and Cognos in Deltek’s cloud solution. Lexell Blue guided them through the implementation and migrated their legacy data from Jamis.
Lexell Blue would like to thank the OGSystems Costpoint implementation team for an outstanding job.
Susan has over 20 years of accounting, government accounting, and Deltek experience – and still maintains a full head of hair! She works with all functions in the Accounting and Projects modules, as well as working with specific areas of People, Materials and Sys Admin functions.
Susan has user experience with both GCS and Costpoint, as well as performing implementations, training, troubleshooting and documentation functions for our clients. She started with Costpoint version 3.0 and has worked in each version up to the current 7.1 version – and does it all with a smile and a very large swear jar. Her favorite area to work in is the clean-up and reconciliation of Unbilled Receivables, Billings, Fixed Assets and Project Ledger to GL reconciliation issues. She loves to assist clients with unraveling issues, understanding the cause of the issue and developing a plan to avoid repeating the issue.
Her many years of audit experience assists her in quick assessment of the issues, and her ability to freely admit that she knows the problem areas because she has been the cause of them, makes her a great candidate for assisting your company with whatever type of Costpoint assistance you may need.
To request Susan’s consulting services click here
Joe has over thirty years of experience in the government contracting industry. He began his career as an accounting intern while finishing his B.A. in Accounting. After graduating, he was an auditor at Grant Thornton where he primary focused on government contractors and not-for-profit organizations. The vast majority of these customers were using Deltek products. Joe then gathered his business experience and held managerial positions at several government contractors ranging from Corporate Controller to Director of Finance and Administration where he implemented Deltek products internally.
In 1997, Joe became a Deltek Accounting & Finance consultant supporting Deltek System 1 (which became GCS Premier) and Costpoint. As he rose through the ranks of consulting, he managed dozens of ERP implementation projects. This makes Joe unique, since most ERP Project Managers do not have hands-on product knowledge. As a Deltek Service Director, Joe oversaw and developed other Deltek consultants and played a key role in guiding customers and consultants through their implementations. Joe became an independent contractor in 2013 and has successfully managed several large ERP implementations.
Because of his hands-on product knowledge, he has the ability to understand situations and foresee issues that typical Project Managers cannot. He is capable of bringing both functional consulting and project management experience to implementations. One highlight of his accomplishments, which occurred in 2017-2018, was to take a $1.6B customer live on an array of Deltek products in just 9 months – the implementation was a success and set a record for shortest duration compared to other similar-sized efforts.
To request Joe’s consulting services click here
Lauren joined Lexell Blue in September 2018 as a Platinum Subcontractor Team Member and has 20+ years leading accounting and financial systems teams as both a Controller and leader of transformative initiatives. Throughout her career as an accounting executive, she was continually drawn to transformation projects and has built a specialty in serving as both a SME and a project manager implementing Deltek Costpoint, Time and Expense, HFM Consolidations and Hyperion Planning in highly complex, dynamic environments.
Over the last several years, Lauren has worked extensively with Deltek Costpoint, Time and Expense, Cognos, and the Hyperion suite of products in both a day to day operational capacity as well as successfully orchestrating the multi-national, multi-company financial systems integration of several Fortune 500 companies onto these platforms. As a SME herself, she enjoys designing solutions that work for the business while leveraging the system functionality “out of the box”. Her desire to deliver end-to-end solutions across the enterprise applications makes her an excellent partner with IT, functional system owners, process owners, internal audit and C-Level management to ultimately deliver long term, scalable solutions for her clients.
Lauren has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance (double major), is an active Certified Public Accountant and is currently pursuing her PMP certifications. She currently resides in Hamilton, Virginia with her husband, son and daughter, when she is lucky enough to have her home from college.
Lexell Blue is a Gold Sponsor at this years Deltek Insight at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center, Dallas Texas, November 5 – 8
We are hard at work on our presentations to help make this conference a success. Make sure to add our sessions to your Insight agenda:
CP-99: Did you know…?? Fun facts and Features of Costpoint
Costpoint is a powerful tool for managing your projects, financials and materials that has added many enhancements and functionality in recent years. The new features never stop coming! In this session we will share tips and tricks, shortcuts and spotlights on cool features and functionality throughout the system. Additionally, we will highlight how to leverage your Costpoint implementation with your other Deltek products to maximize your efficiency and make the most of your product investments. Make sure you are up to date with the latest knowledge to improve your Costpoint user experience. Audience participation welcomed and encouraged!
When: Wednesday, November 7 4:40 PM – 5:40 PM
Where: Tate 3 – 4
CP-98: Companies, Entities and Orgs, oh my! Multi-Co, Multi-Entity, Multi-Org or …
Many organizations today are comprised of multiple legal entities, or will be in the future based on acquisition plans. Whether you are just starting your Costpoint implementation, have recent (or anticipated) M&A activity, or need to incorporate these changing business needs into your current system there are several options available. We will discuss the advantages and drawbacks of each option (including the impacts in the materials management modules) related to security, maintenance, flexibility, IWOs and consolidated reporting to help you evaluate which one is right for your organization. We will also share best practices in Costpoint data structures and setup to ensure optimum results.
When: Wednesday, November 7 11:10 AM – 12:10 PM
Where: Tate 5
Contact Lexell Blue for a complimentary one hour consultation in any of these service areas:
◄ Proposal Support (Strategy, Writing, Proposal Reviews)
◄ EVMS Assessment / Gap Analysis against the ANSI/EIA 748 EVMS Standard
◄ EVMS Architecture Design, Development, and Implementation
◄ EVM System Description and EVMS Process Generation
◄ Tools Selection (Project Management, Scheduling, and Earned Value)
◄ EVMS Implementation – Setting-up the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB)
◄ Review Preparation (Integrated Baseline Review and Validation Review)
◄ Earned Value Data Analysis and Reporting (CPR, CFSR, and IMS)
◄ Training (EVMS Concepts and Scheduling)
◄ EVMS Implementation
◄ Earned Value Management Support Training
◄ Operational Support
◄ Earned Value Management Executive Overview
◄ Earned Value Management Basic and Advance Concepts
◄ Integrated Baseline Reviews Preparation and Conduct
◄ DCMA “Mock” CAM Interviews
◄ Variance Analysis Reporting / EAC Training
◄ Schedule Management
Title: Smoothing the Way for M&A
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Time: 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 hour
Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) spin-offs… today’s business landscape is constantly changing. With any one of these occurrences, the likelihood of business system changes goes up – separating, combining, segregating information, restructuring data, adjusting processes.
Keeping a handle on the technical impact of these changes often requires a bit of finesse. Discover the best practices, proven approaches and pocket a few tips and tricks from Deltek partner expert Lexell Blue.
- Is your organization currently using any Costpoint Materials modules?
- Has your business grown or business model shifted since the original Costpoint implementation?
- Have you experienced loss of key employee Costpoint Materials knowledge with staff turnover?
- Do you feel like you should be achieving more from your Costpoint Materials investment?
Download our Costpoint Materials/Manufacturing Healthcheck brochure here
Or contact us to find out more